We are seeking an Associate Advisor for our fee-only wealth management firm in Raleigh, North Carolina. We are interested in you if you are a recent or soon-to-be graduate from a CFP® Board Registered Program who desires a small firm environment; wants to be involved in all aspects of the business, learning and shaping the way we care for our clients; wants to learn from industry veterans; and is excited to work your way up our advisory career ladder. Candidates will desire a firm culture that values generosity and community impact through the delivery of Real Planning, Sensible Investing, and Meaningful Advice, and will embrace technology and teamwork as primary ways to bring those values to bear in our work as fiduciaries.
Position Overview – Estimated Start Date of July 1st, 2021
This is an in-person professional position that will initially support the firm’s three Owners directly in managing existing and new client relationships. You will be expected to assist in various projects including portfolio reviews and preparing financial projections using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and MoneyGuidePro financial planning software. Thorough computer skills are essential, with a particularly strong understanding of Excel. A working knowledge of portfolio allocation, investment management, and general financial planning is expected. The Owners are available to provide mentoring and big picture direction, but you must have the ability to utilize critical thinking skills, work independently, and anticipate firm needs and client questions.
Initial Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist Owners in preparing for and conducting client meetings and regularly monitor clients’ financial situations with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Involvement in all aspects of pre-client meeting activities, such as gathering data, preparing agendas, and assisting with client paperwork and asset allocations. You will also be responsible for post-client meeting activities, such as developing meeting summaries, performing financial situation analyses, and coordinating planning implementation with outside professionals.
- Work with MoneyGuidePro, Tamarac Rebalancer (upon licensure), Tamarac Advisor View, and Redtail CRM.
- Interact with clients over the phone and in-person (once it is safe to do so).
Potential Future Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist with trading and rebalancing client investment accounts.
- Deliver multidisciplinary financial planning advice for clientele independently.
- Develop and manage ongoing client relationships independently.
- Assist in putting together and delivering educational content and events for clients.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to supporting team members.
- Provide input on strategic plan and overall direction of the firm.
- Organized, with a strong attention to detail.
- B.A. or B.S. degree from a CFP® Board Registered Program (or actively working toward CFP® certification otherwise)
- Experience in MoneyGuidePro or other financial planning software (such as eMoney, RightCapital, NaviPlan, etc.)
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Strong persuasive and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify, meet, and follow through with client needs and expectations.
- Must be a self-starter, problem solver, and a goal-oriented team player with a “no job is beneath me” attitude.
- Ability to work independently and keep Owners aware of progress and challenges.
- Show curiosity and confidence when dealing with clients and Owners.
- Qualifies for the CFP® Board apprenticeship two-year work experience requirement
- Competitive salary with performance-based pay program
- 401(k) with company match
- Group health insurance
- Professional development budget for CEs, conferences, and training
- Paid professional dues
- Mentorship and learning opportunities