We are seeking an Associate Advisor for our fee-only wealth management firm in Raleigh, North Carolina. We are interested in you if you are a CFP® professional who desires a small, growing firm environment; wants to be involved in all aspects of the business, learning and shaping the way we care for our clients; wants to learn from industry veterans; and is excited to work your way up our advisory career ladder. Candidates will desire a firm culture that values generosity and community impact through the delivery of Real Planning, Sensible Investing, and Meaningful Advice, and will embrace technology and teamwork as primary ways to bring those values to bear in our work as fiduciaries.
Position Overview – Estimated Start Date of March 1st, 2022 (potentially negotiable for summer 2022)
This is an in-person professional position that will initially support the firm in managing existing and new client relationships. You will be expected to assist in various projects including portfolio reviews and preparing financial projections using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and MoneyGuidePro financial planning software. Thorough computer skills are essential, with a particularly strong understanding of Excel. A working knowledge of portfolio allocation, investment management, and general financial planning is expected. The Beacon team is available and eager to provide mentoring and big picture direction, but you must have the ability to utilize critical thinking skills, work independently, and anticipate firm needs and client questions.
Initial Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist in preparing for and conducting client meetings and regularly monitor clients’ financial situations with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Involvement in all aspects of pre-client meeting activities, such as gathering data, preparing agendas, and assisting with client paperwork and asset allocations. You will also be responsible for post-client meeting activities, such as developing meeting summaries, performing financial situation analyses, and coordinating planning implementation with outside professionals.
- Work with MoneyGuidePro, Tamarac Rebalancer, Tamarac Advisor View, and Redtail CRM.
- Interact with clients over the phone and in-person.
Potential Future Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist with trading and rebalancing client investment accounts.
- Deliver multidisciplinary financial planning advice for clientele independently.
- Develop and manage ongoing client relationships independently.
- Assist in putting together and delivering educational content and events for clients.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to supporting team members.
- Provide input on strategic plan and overall direction of the firm.
- Organized, with a strong attention to detail.
- CFP® certification
- Two or more years of experience in the field of financial planning is preferred
- Experience in MoneyGuidePro or other financial planning software (such as eMoney, RightCapital, NaviPlan, etc.)
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Strong persuasive and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify, meet, and follow through with client needs and expectations.
- Must be a self-starter, problem solver, and a goal-oriented team player with a “no job is beneath me” attitude.
- Ability to work independently and keep the Beacon team aware of progress and challenges.
- Show curiosity and confidence when dealing with clients and teammates.
- Competitive salary with performance-based pay program. Base pay ranges from $55,000 – $80,000 annually depending on experience.
- 401(k) with company match
- Group health insurance
- Three weeks of vacation
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional development budget for CEs, conferences, and training
- Paid professional dues
- Mentorship and learning opportunities